Massage Corner in Day Care
You feed your baby appropriately at the right moment, clean up, change the dress, play with it and put the baby to sleep. You can't wait to do all these all over again, the moment the baby wakes up!
If you are lucky to be a stay at home mother, you can do all these and more; if you are a working mother, you may have to sacrifice some of this quality time with your infant. Either ways, you need to go a step further to engage in a mutually enjoyable activity with your baby on a regular basis - Baby Massaging. We take on this role in the Massage Corner at 360° Kids Day Care.
• Develop Bonding between our day care or creche staff and child.
• Increase trust level in child & communication with us.
• Manage stress in children.
• Understanding of child temperament.
What is Baby Massaging?
A gentle, smooth rubbing of the baby all over the body, using clean, warm palms and finger tips, with slight pressure, with or without baby oil, for 10 to 30 min. a day. It is the flow of our love to your baby through the sense of touch. This is done systematically with a regular schedule, taking care to check whether the baby is enjoying the process.
Why massage babies?
From our childhood days we have learnt that incorporation of touch is very essential for emotional & development needs. Some of these are being stated here:
• It enhances the quality of intimate relationship with your baby, enabling it to experience soothing comfort and a sense of security.
• The baby develops sensory awareness.
• It relaxes the baby and reduces stress.
• It stimulates the baby's internal organs, regulates blood flow and secretion of vital harmones.
• It promotes baby's sleep.
• It promotes appetite and digestion.
• It tones up muscles and encourages weight gain.
• It nourishes the baby's skin.
• It enables us to check the baby thoroughly for any outward condition of the body during the process.
At 360° Kids Day Care, we are well equipped with the knowledge & experience on When and how to massage babies.